This tour is recommended for tourists, those have accommodation in Saigon already and wish to discover the Mekong delta, its exciting life, and stay away some days from the noise and rush-up of hectic centers
Day 01: Saigon - Vinh Long (Meals: L)
- Tour code: STV 06
- Tour Price: from 149 USD
- Departure dates: Jan to Dec
- Tour Duration: 04days / 03nights
- Tour Route: Saigon - Vinh Long - Can Tho - Chau Doc - Saigon
- Connection: Easy to connect with other excursions in Vietnam and a trip to Cambodia via landway and riverway
- Guide: Fully escorted by qualified tour guide
Morning depart for Vinh Long, 130 km southeast of Saigon to begin the exploration of Mekong. Take a boat through the narrow waterways to witness the daily river life of the southern people and visit the family factories producing fish sauce, tofu and rice paper. Overnight homestay in Vinh Long.
Day 02: Vinh Long - Can Tho (Meals: B/L)
Carry on to Can Tho, the economic and administrative centre of the Mekong Delta. Check-in your hotel and take another wooden boat for a cruise crossing a complex of riverways to visit local orchards along the river and stop for an enjoyable traditional Vietnamese lunch. Have a relaxed walk through scenic villages before back to the hotel. Overnight in Can Tho.
Day 03: Can Tho - Chau Doc (Meals: B/L)
Drive further 6km to reach Cai Rang morning Floating Market where a colourful display of boats carrying juicy fruits and vegetables gather for daily exchanging. Transfer to our car and driver another hour to Chau Doc, located on the Cambodian border, a riverine mix of people of Viet, Khmer, Cham and Chinese nations. Visit the village of Muslim people in Chau Doc in the afternoon. Overnight in Chau Doc.
Day 04: Chau Doc - Saigon (Meals: B/L)
Morning drive to Mt. Sam, a popular pilgrimage site of the Vietnamese Buddhists. A climb uphill to the peak of the mountain will offer stunning panorama of the nearby Vietnamese and Cambodian regions. Afterward drive back for six hours to return to Saigon. End of the tour.
This is a private tour and the price per person varies and depends on many aspects, such as your group size, the hotel ratings and your departure date. If you want to get a tailor made price quote for this tour, please fill out the online tour inquiry form and give us as much information as possible about your trip. Our online travel experts will be at your service.
- Qualified English-speaking tour guide
- Land transfer by air-con vehicle
- Twin-shared room
- Meals as mentioned in the program ( 4 breakfasts and 4 lunches, no drinks)
- Boat trips and admission
- Airfare (international and domestic) and airport tax
- Visa arrangement
- Early check-in, late check-out surcharge
- All dinners
- Drinks and personal expenses (phone call, laundry, tipping etc.)
- Any services not mentioned in the program